Freelance Social Media Strategist
The OK COOL studio is turning UP. Covid saw brand budgets shift to social and we were ready to pick them up. We’re on a massive growth trajectory, working with global clients and leaning-in to our unique position as creative and strategic consultants to brands and to the platforms themselves. OK COOL is privileged to work directly with Instagram and TikTok on their most crucial projects and feature roll-outs.
Our team is tight but distributed.
We’ve been drilled in remote work for a hot minute. Our vision is to move away from the fixed team model and continue sourcing and partnering with the hottest young freelance social media Strategists in the world to help us deliver.
We are looking for unicorns. Allstar, one-person creative powerhouse who is:
• A digital native (with social specialism)
We are looking for someone who can get under the skin of a brand, fast; understand that brand’s universe, their competitive set and their place in culture, then use that information to develop social media strategies— how they need to look, feel and sound on social media to earn a place in culture. This will be stuff you know instinctively, because you have always been active in culture and you’ve always known what’s hot and what’s not in brand-world.
You will work with our creative and production teams to bring your vision to life. You’ll be responsible for overseeing creative development and execution of your strategy.
Your job is to curate our client’s social media presence, ensuring every touchpoint of the brand is consistent and in-line with their visual identity as outlined in their brand strategy.
You will have a creative eye and a strong ability to present information visually (sell your vision). You’ll also understand how to manage relationships with the other people and partners necessary in delivering your vision. Naturally you’ll be an expert in social media and deeply acquainted with Gen Z behaviours and trends.
Clients include – Bumble UK, Paul Smith,My/Mo,Taco Bell,TikTok, Girl Effect (A Nike NGO)
We also want you to get involved in the OK COOL brand to:
• Pitching on new business opportunities
• Interrogating the client brief, getting under the skin of the consumer, the market, the brand and culture to derive insights that fuel the creative platform
• Developing overarching strategies to hit client KPIs
• Building relationships with clients and having an expert digital/social media point of view on their business
• Understanding client briefs and generating insights to inform the creative process
• Writing creative briefs
• Writing channel strategies
• Devising KPI measurement frameworks
• Working with production teams to oversee delivery
• Source, quote, brief and manage internal and external creative producers eg. designers, photographers, videographers
• Coordinating with your team to ensure the delivery of assets is on brief and adheres to platform specs
• Maintain a strong oversight of platform-ready creative assets (images, motion graphics, and video elements) with in-house and external producers
• Research the latest creative trends in video, gifs, animation, photography etc and constantly recommend/suggest new formats for our clients content
• Work closely with our team to push production boundaries, enhance our reputation and contribute to the development of our brand
• Over 4 years strategy experience
• Used to working on digital and social briefs
• Understanding how social fits into the overall digital ecosystem
• Strong track record of working on award winning media strategies
• Excellent design sensibility
• An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
• Plugged into culture
• Highly organized and able to run multiple projects concurrently
• Willing team player, capable of cross functional collaboration
• Able to work independently and take the initiative
• Used to working in fast paced work environments
• Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
• An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
2-3 days per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
£350 / day
Our offices are based in London, however our team work remotely from wherever they feel they can do their best work
Apply with your CV, cover letter and examples of previous work to: email@example.com
Check out our IG: @okcool.io