Contract Creative Strategy Director
That old adage about ‘a seat on the rocketship’. This is it.
Covid saw brand budgets shift to social and we were ready to pick them up. We’re on a massive growth trajectory, working with global clients and leaning-in to our unique position as creative and strategic consultants to both brands and to the social media platforms themselves.
OK COOL is privileged to work directly with Instagram and TikTok on their most crucial projects and feature roll-outs. Now we are looking for uncommonly good people to help us not fuck this up. Specifically, an individual powerhouse who is:
A digital native (with social specialism) Strategic CreativeApply
This a hybrid role— a harmony of creative direction and strategy, with a dash of entrepreneurship.
This is a senior position within the agency with responsibility to work with the senior management team to shape the agency into one that is uniquely future-facing and growth-driving.
The role will span three crucial areas to support OK COOL’s growth:
Analysing opportunities to evolve strategic relationship with & up-sell existing clients (inc Bumble, TikTok and IG)
Help us win exciting new briefs from world class clients (inc. Rosewood, Sellar, Paul Smith, Indian Paintbrush, Scape and @Slice)
Bestow your experience in structure and process to develop existing team members and further build-out a team to support you in making your impact on the studio
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the ability of getting under the skin of a brand, fast; understand that brand’s universe, their customers and their place in culture, then use that information to develop social media strategies.
You will bring the experience and instincts forged in your career, and use these to shape the agency of the future, helping the studio build stronger strategic relationships further upstream with senior clients.
You will work with our creative and production teams to bring your vision to life. You’ll be responsible for overseeing creative development and execution of your strategy.
Your job is to curate our most important client’s social media presence, ensuring every touchpoint of the brand is consistent and in-line with their visual identity as outlined in their brand strategy.
• Interrogating the client brief, getting under the skin of the consumer, the market, the brand and culture to derive insights that fuel the creative platform• Building digital and social media strategies
• Building relationships with clients and having an expert digital/social media point of view on their business
• Briefing a team to execute and owning the creative process from beginning to end
• Producing and interpreting briefs and crafting effective written and visual content that addresses defined objectives
• Ability to source, quote, brief and manage internal and external creative producers eg. designers, photographers, videographers
• Coordinating with your team to ensure the delivery of assets is on-brief and adheres to platform specs
• Maintain a strong oversight of platform-ready creative assets (images, motion graphics, and video elements) with in-house and external producers
• Research the latest creative trends in video, gifs, animation, photography, AR etc and constantly recommend/suggest new formats for our clients’ content
• Work closely with our team to push production boundaries, enhance our reputation and contribute to the development of our brand
• New Business Growth
• Become a key member of the new business process
• Help us win new and exciting assignments. We’re in the fortunate position of having a healthy pipeline.
• Part of your role will be to identify which prospects we wish to pursue based on our new client criteria
• Shaping the agency of the future
• Building out a team of world class social/digital strategists both FTE and freelance
• Supporting us in steering the OK COOL brand to global prestige while we focus on client growth. This includes internal marketing, editorial and other forms of brand promotion, driving revenue and awareness for the studio
• 8+ years digital experience
• With 3-4 years of experience in strategic direction
• Strong digital and social media strategic experience
• Excellent design sensibility
• An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
• Plugged into culture
• Operationally excellent
• Highly organised and able to run multiple projects concurrently
• Willing team player, capable of cross functional collaboration
• Able to work independently and take the initiative
• Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
Full time 6-12 month contract TBD
Our offices are based in London, however our team work remotely from wherever they feel they can do their best work
Apply with your CV, cover letter and examples of previous work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our IG: @okcool.io