Midweight Creative Lead
OK COOL is a (very) creative studio for social media.
We humanise brands. We connect them to culture. We help them think, act and behave like the people they need to connect with.
We are looking for a Midweight Creative Lead with an exceptional knowledge of the social media landscape. A visionary who can ideate forward-thinking campaigns and content for brands online. You will be a social native with your finger on the pulse of the latest creative and cultural trends on Instagram, TikTok, Snap, YouTube and Twitch.
Your job is to innovate social-first marketing, by taking concepts and making them into works of contemporary art with our producers.
You’ll be comfortable thinking and executing content on your feet, producing ad hoc, reactive content. But more commonly you’ll be working to a planned schedule and creative briefs, allowing you to produce forward-thinking creative content.
• Draw from contemporary culture to produce innovative creative formats for social media posts and integrated campaigns that leverage owned and earned media (influencers, strategic brand, and media partnerships)
• Follow campaigns through from idea to delivery, ensuring the creative is in line with your vision for the campaign, the client’s brand guidelines and social media strategy
• Interact collaboratively and take direction from head strategists and data specialists as well as working independently
• Develop the creative direction, narrative and visual guidelines for new client strategies
• Sell your ideas with passion: contribute to winning new business for the agency by generating and pitching ideas to prospective clients
• You’ll be generating macro campaign narratives but will also be required to concept on a micro-level for social media content like Reels, IGTV, feed posts, YouTube shorts
• Develop storyboards and treatments for short-form and long-form videos
• Direct teams of crew members on set to produce video content
• Brief and manage editors to bring your treatments for short and long-form video content to life
• Work closely with graphic designers to produce stand-out visual language guides for campaigns
• Develop creative briefs for up and coming creators to produce authentic content for social
• Constantly being on top of and leading on the evolution of OK COOL’s style to be leaders in the industry
• Managing a small team of junior creative to produce world-class concepts for social media content
• Creative writing
• A deep unrelenting passion for contemporary culture, its attendant industries, art, fashion, music, tech etc. and how it impacts the cultural zeitgeist
• Experience working with global brands, generating and executing ideas for marketing campaigns
• Adobe Creative Suite skills (Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)