Junior Art Director
The OK COOL studio is turning UP. We’re in flow state; winning dream clients on an international level. Our team is tight. We are sourcing and partnering with the hottest young social media creatives in the world to help us deliver.
We are looking for a Junior Art Director who’s plugged into culture, lives and breathes social and has a kickass creative eye to project manage and produce content for our clients.
You’ll be an all rounder, work closely with the Head of Creative Production and Account Manager to develop concepts and execute them from start to finish drawing on your knowledge of the latest social media formats, creative trends and innovative tools and apps.
You understand the process of taking a brief from a client and producing social assets or delegating the components to various creative suppliers eg. designers, photographers etc. and turning that into compelling materials that achieve a defined goal set out by the accounts and strategy department.
You will also be required to curate our client’s social media presence, ensuring every touch point of the brand is consistent and in line with their visual identity. You will then be required to take the assets and produce our monthly content plans according to the monthly brief for the account team to present back to the client.
You will have a creative eye and a strong ability to present information visually. As well as this, you are adept at working with external suppliers to deliver your vision.
Below is a list of duties and responsibilities of a Junior Art Director:
· Have your finger on the pulse for trends and draw from contemporary culture to develop innovative and creative concepts for social media posts and integrated campaigns that leverage owned and earned media (influencers, strategic brand and media partnerships)
· Research the latest creative trends in video, gifs, animation, photography and constantly recommend/suggest new formats for our clients content
· Work with the team to develop the look and feel of our clients’ content and broader social media campaigns
· Write detailed creative, design and shoot briefs to ensure all work is produced to the quality standards of the OK COOL brand and brief creatives
· Storyboard and brief ideas to the creative team of art directors, photographers, designers, illustrators and creatives using written word and/or Photoshop, Indesign or Illustrator
· Source and manage 3rd party creators to produce content for our clients. E.g IG Reels, TikToks
· Manage designers, photographers, illustrators and creatives time to ensure content is delivered according to the production schedule
· Give constructive feedback to designers, photographers and illustrators on the work they produce to ensure all work is produced to the quality standards of the OK COOL
· Follow campaigns through from idea to delivery, ensuring the creative is in-line with your vision for the campaign, the client’s brand guidelines & social media strategy.
· Producing and editing content on Adobe suite (Ps, Pr, Ai, Id, LrC, Ae) applying your knowledge of what works best on social
· Building and creating content plans with content supplied by photographers, designers, creators, the wider creative team and the OKC team
· Be the first port of call for production expertise with both client and account teams
· Coordinate photoshoots and video shoots, briefing everyone involved
· Occasionally applying your art direction and styling skills to production
· Work closely with our team to push production boundaries, enhance our reputation and contribute to the development of long lasting client relationships
· Attend weekly progress meetings and briefings where needed. Interrogate proposed budgets, agree estimates, assign responsibility, book suite time, distribute feedback and manage project progress
· Liaising with client services and creatives to ensure the delivery of assets is on brief and adheres to platform specs
· Manage the creative development process and partnership with Creative Director, Art Directors, and Copywriters.
· Maintain a strong oversight of production of platform-ready creative assets with in-house production studio, including images, motion graphics, and video elements.
- Interact collaboratively and take direction from head strategists and data specialists as well as working independently
You may also be asked to:
- Develop content strategies for social media
- Pitch ideas to clients. Have full conviction in your brilliance. Persuade them to run with your ideas
Skill required and capabilities:
- · An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
- · A strong knowledge of the content specification and dimensions
- · Intermediate knowledge of Ps, Pr, Ai, Id, LrC on Adobe suite. Beginner knowledge of Ae on Adobe suite
- · Great experience of concepting graphics, video content, photo content and animations and for social media content
- · Ability to identify, vet and pitch compelling original and topical content for social distribution
- · A hunger for experimenting with new media, innovation, talent collaboration and new ideas
- · Experience working with video and video production teams
- · A demonstrated skill for brand storytelling, where brand message has to be carried alongside the demands of an audience first approach
- · An eye for design, photography and moving image and ability to spot trends in social media and leverage insights
- · Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges.
- · An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
- · Able to work independently and take the initiative
- · Highly organized and able to run multiple projects concurrently
- · Willing team player, capable of cross functional collaboration
- · Experience at a digital publisher, agency or applicable business
Apply with your CV, cover letter to email@example.com
Check out our IG: @okcool.io