Reports to: Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Our Account Managers are the bridge between the client and the agency, acting as both a client contact and as the client’s representative within the agency. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with clients, working closely with them to understand their marketing objectives.
You will develop and lead project delivery, manage budgets, conduct WIPs and manage internal and external resources.
You will take direct and indirect briefs from the client and relay them into the business through the correct channels. You will use initiative, knowledge and experience to determine if the brief can be sent straight into production or strategy.
As part of your day to day you will be contributing to and feeding back on strategy and delivery on objectives, as you drive great results for clients and account growth for the agency.
You’ll be required to support the Account Director in scoping, quoting and writing proposals. You’ll take the lead on developing internal briefs for the team, run kick off meetings, coordinate work in progress meetings and manage the delivery of work to the client.
You’ll be confident organising staff and ensuring creative ideas remain on brief, on time and on budget. You’ll be a strong project manager with a good eye for financials, and a natural passion for culture, market trends and the wider industry.Apply
This role has three key focuses:
· Client liaison and relationship building
· Coordinating teams and managing traffic
· Developing strategic (both analytical and creative)
· Be the go-to liaison between clients and production for the tactical execution of all projects
· Demonstrate your expert understanding of your client’s businesses including industry and competitors
· Understand the different client types and tailor the client experience based on which type they are. (Eg are they reactive or proactive in terms of briefing the agency?)
· Work hard to build trusted relationships with clients and deliver a first class client experience
· Ensure that campaigns are delivered with outstanding quality, on time and on budget
· Communicate client expectations clearly and communicate work back to the clients in a timely and effective manner
· Organise regular review meetings through weekly, monthly, quarterly and project-end reviews. Keep WIP documents up to date, prepare meeting agendas and contact reports
· Throughout the creative process the Account Manager needs to ensure the creative teams are kept up to date with any changes or development in the brief/project, and able to debrief/brief teams effectively
· Develop, lead and inspire junior staff
· Source writers, designers, strategists, and production freelancers to develop integrated, creative solutions when required
· Support the Account Director through frequent communication and status updates on projects to help them run the business
· Manage moderately sized jobs independently from brief to execution with little oversight from management
· Manage timelines and budgets for all always on content and most additional projects
· Production – Responsible for the day to day management of the production team, timings, budgets and providing regular updates to all involved
· Delivery of final assets – Responsible for ensuring that all final assets are delivered on time and in budget, and ensuring all final checks on copy, imagery and usage rights are made
· Actively seek opportunities to better service the client and bring additional business to the company
· Effectively track all finances in regards to ad spend and production budget on the financial tracker and manage this in accordance to the overall client budget
· Manage and update the overall marketing calendar for the client on a daily basis to ensure all campaigns are running and no work is missed
· Ensure that the time that you do take is spent working on what is important, which may not always seem to match what is urgent.
· A minimum of 1 year experience as Account Manager
· An entrepreneurial attitude to seeking out opportunities
· Confident presenter and excellent client-facing communication skills
· An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
· An excellent knowledge of business manager and twitter ads
· A basic knowledge of Google ads & YouTube ads
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Highly organised
· Excellent time management
· Able to prioritise workload requirements
· An eye for detail and the ability to predict a client’s request before they’ve realised they need it
· Able to manage and support a small team