The OK COOL studio is turning UP. We’re in flow state; winning dream clients on an international level. Our team is tight. Our vision is to move away from the fixed team model and continue sourcing and partnering with the hottest young freelance social media creatives in the world to help us deliver.
We are looking for unicorns tbh. Allstar, one-person creative rainmakers who can get under the skin of a brand fast, understand that brand’s universe, their competitive set and their place in culture, then use that information to develop social media strategies— how they need to look, feel and sound on social media to earn a place in culture. This will be stuff you know instinctively, because you have always been active in culture and you’ve always known what’s hot and what’s not in brand world.
Once you have that vision it’s yours to bring to life. You’ll be responsible for creative development and generating concepts, drawing on your knowledge of the latest social media formats, creative trends and innovative tools and apps, writing shot lists, storyboarding, briefing talent, production coordinating and overseeing photographers, videographers and designers. We’ll give you all the support you need to go create!
Your job is to curate our client’s social media presence, ensuring every touchpoint of the brand is consistent and in-line with their visual identity as outlined in their brand strategy.
It’s a given that you’ll need to be the kind of person who has an excellent grasp of culture and understands the tools, processes and workflows of social media.
You will have a creative eye and a strong ability to present information visually (sell your vision). You’ll also understand how to manage relationships with the other people and partners necessary in delivering your vision.
– Producing and interpreting briefs, and crafting effective written and visual content that addresses defined objectives
– Initiating and leading content production projects to tight deadlines and budgets
– Writing briefs for designers, photographers, filmmakers etc
– Ability to source, quote, brief and manage internal and external creative producers eg. designers, photographers, videographers
– Co-ordinating all production, liaising with client services and creatives to ensure the delivery of assets is on brief and adheres to platform specs
– Maintain a strong oversight of production of platform-ready creative assets with in-house production studio, including images, motion graphics, and video elements
– Research the latest creative trends in video, gifs, animation, photography etc and constantly recommend/suggest new formats for our clients content
– Selecting and occasionally editing content that has been produced in-house, applying your knowledge of what works best on social
– Be the first port of call for production expertise with both client and account teams
– Work closely with our team to push production boundaries, enhance our reputation and contribute to the development of long lasting client relationships
– Attend weekly progress meetings and briefings where needed. Interrogate proposed budgets, agree estimates, assign responsibility, book suite time, distribute feedback and manage project progress
– Write detailed production briefs to ensure all work is accounted for
– Track and manage production budgets including internal staff expenses when related to the client (ie travel to shoot)
– 3-4 years of experience in creative direction
– An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
– A strong knowledge of the content specification and dimensions
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organisation skills
– Highly organized and able to run multiple projects concurrently
– Willing team player, capable of cross functional collaboration
– Able to work independently and take the initiative
– Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
– An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
– Knowledge of internal comms best practice
Must be available to work 1-2 days per week (TBC)
£250 per day
Location: Hoxton Square, London
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org